CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Happenings


We had such a great weekend in Lehi with my family. We left on Friday night and went to Temple Square to see the lights and, of course, Kolton went nuts! He has always loved lights whether they are on the ceiling or on a tree. The weather was so nice. It was chilly, but there was no wind and it wasn't biting cold like it usually is when we go. It was especially wonderful to be able to share it with Kolton. Wes and I try to go every year no matter what, and every year so far we have talked about how great it would be to share it with our children. This year we got our wish along with many others! After spending some time at temple square we went to Lehi to visit my Brother, Russell's family for our family Christmas party. We had a white elephant gift exchange and Kolton got a jump rope and Wes got motor oil. :P We stayed up until 3am playing Rock Band and then got up on Saturday and headed for IKEA. We got my favorite lunch there: Swedish Meatballs! Also, to top it off, they were doing free pictures with Santa. Kolton is still too young to be scared of him, so he just kind of looked confused. He was a great santa and thought Kolton was pretty cute and he sat and talked to him for a while trying to make him smile. I will post my picture once I figure out how to operate my scanner. We drove home in a snow storm and made it home in time to make hot cocoa and watch a movie. It was bliss! I am going to post a scrapbook from smilebox, but I will also just post some pictures for those of you without high speed internet (trust me- I have been there!) All in all, my face hurts from smiling so much and my throat hurts from laughing so hard. I have such a great family and we love being together. I hope you all are enjoying the Christmas season so far!


Here is Kole with his jump rope..mostly he just ate it


Kole and his daddy

Our little family in front of the nativity

One of my all time favorite pictures of Kolton- what a grin!

Kolton's favorite thing now is saltines


Click to play Christmas 2008
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

4 comments:

Adventures in Heywood

I'm spending my day blog stalking, it's very loserish I know, but randomly I'm here. This is Christie (then Haslem) from SV. I was friends w/ Jimmy... haha. Anyway, your blog is cute, your family it darling and any time I hear happy adoption stories I like... tear up.... I don't know what it is.

Unknown

Of course I remember you. It's good to hear from people you haven't seen in awhile. Your family is adorable! Have a merry christmas!

Adventures in Petersonland

too cute! we miss going to temple square and seeing the awesome lights and nativities.
hope you guys had an awesome christmas!

KolesWings

hi! guess who!! iloveyour website you've made! its awesome to see so much, it makes mesmile, it never makes me cry. i love you all! love, KolesWings (u know who)
p.s. kiss him for us in vernal -k-