CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 20, 2008

Well, we went, we saw, and we have returned! Our trip started last Thursday and we left at 4am and drove the 6 hours to St. George where my Grandma lives and we visited with her and my mom (she was already down there visiting) and then went to see my Aunt Anne and Uncle Billy, who have not seen Kolton yet. They thought he was the bee's knees, of course and Kolton thought the same of their enormous Great Dane, Zeek!



We left St. George and headed for Mesquite, where we were staying and then took advantage of the bowling alley and swimming pool there. The weather was PERFECT! It stayed around 80 degrees the whole time we were there! The next day, we all woke up at 5 (we went to bed around 8pm the night before because we were so tired!) and were out the door and heading to Vegas by 7am. We got there and headed straight to the Excalibur where they have a super breakfast buffet and ate our way through several plates of chicken-fried steak, crepes, pastries, bacon, etc.! Feeling very full, we headed out across the street to the New York New York Hotel and on through the MGM Grand where we shopped at the Rainforest Cafe. Kolton loved looking at the Jungle ceiling and seeing all the moving animals. Then we headed over to M&M world where I got Kolton the cutest plate and bowl set and we watched the 3-D movie, "I Lost My 'M' in Vegas" which Kolton slept through! We got some cute pictures before he zonked, though.




Then we went next door to Coke world where my sisters, Cristi and Keli, and my nephew, Johnny and I ordered the "world tour" of Coke products and got to try some pretty interesting things! There were 16 different drinks from all over the world and the winner for the most disgusting was "The Beverly", a clear carbonated drink from Italy that went down like sugar water and suddenly turned into rubbing alcohol in your mouth (that's what it tasted like, anyway!). I payed Keli $5 to finish it off, which she did, and for the rest of the trip, we called her Beverly. Most of the other drinks were really good, with a few unpleasant surprises in there. It was definitely a good way to quench our thirst and have a good time, all for the low low price of $7!









To end the day, we went to Circus Circus and won some stuffed animals at the Midway games and then we went back to our hotel in time for the Virgin River's famous seafood buffet! I am not a seafood person myself, but I am told the crab legs were marvelous. The next day, we headed for home, only to have my sister, Cristi, get very sick in St. George and have to go to the emergency room! She was actually booked for surgery that night at 1am but the Doc told her just to stay in town and let her pain meds wear off to see if she needed to come in or not. Luckily, she decided she was able to make it back home so we headed back and actually got home last night. It was a weird end to our vacation, but it definitely made it memorable!
All in all, it was a whirlwind but it was a ton of fun and I was so excited to get to share it with my little guy. He was an angel through the whole trip, keeping us all entertained with his growling and laughing, and having one 'poop-splosion' after another. I am so blessed! Hope you all are well!
Much love,
Tabitha
ps- here is my favorite picture of Kole from the trip- don't you just want to kiss him?!

5 comments:

Lisa

Yes I DO just want to kiss him! That sounds like one heck of a trip, I am so J for Jealous!

~Our Family~

Looks like you had a grand old time.. To bad Wes had to miss this.. Kolton is getting big just like Braxton they kinda remind me of each other..IT must be their hair, Braxtons will not sit down in the back.. Anyway I'm glad that you made it home safely...

Erin

What an adorable picture! I am glad you made it back and that you had a good time. I hope your sis is doing better.

dust and kam

What a fun trip! And I LOVE that picture of Kolton! So, so cute!

Lyman Family

Sounds like a great trip! You have too much fun, I may need to stow away with you next time. Beautiful picture of Kolton!