CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 14, 2009

{{LOVE}}

Well, happy Valentine's Day, all! I love this holiday- it really inspires me to be creatively romantic. I remember this time last year. We were expecting Kolton to arrive any day and we really couldn't think of anything to do- we were so preoccupied with everything. Then, Kolton's birthmom wrote us an e-mail and said that we needed to appreciate the time we have alone NOW because we wouldn't have it next year and we would miss it. Well, here we are, one year later! I DO miss alone time out with Wes once in a while- but I gotta tell you, I am SO excited to spend this first Valentine's Day with our little guy. Yesterday he and I made sour cream sugar cookies with cream cheese frosting--YUM! Well, he did more observing than helping since the first thing he did when my back was turned was stick his little hand in the flour and try to eat it.


But he sure thought they were tasty!



Also, my sister, Billye, received the most adorable apron as a gift from one of her preschool student's moms. I begged her to let me borrow it and figure out how to make one of my own, which she kindly did, and here is what I came up with:




I am kind of an apron addict- I just feel so much more domestic when I am wearing one. Now all I need are pearls and high heels and I can get a whole lot of cleaning done! :) It was a fun and creative sort of day yesterday, to say the least. My sisters came over and we did some scrapbooking and then went to see the late showing of 'Twilight'- which was even better the second time around! Tonight I plan on giving my man the best steak dinner of his life and raspberry chocolate cheesecake for dessert. I hope everyone finds oodles of love this Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Michelle

Those cookies look sooo yummy. That apron was very cute. I have been sewing aprons since the summer and have been selling them in sugar n' spice. They're kind of simmilar to the one you made. You did a great jobon your apron. Your quite the little domestic momma.

Ash & Tim

I love the apron -if only I cooked more it could come in handy. I remembered you saying you had a blog in church and attempted to find it. What fun pictures and I can't believe all the neat things that you and your family do. Cookies look delicious too!