CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 25, 2011

Oh, my creative boy...

I remember listening to a speaker in my sister's Relief Society when I went to visit when I was in Middle School. She talked about her twin boys and how one day, shortly after she had re-painted her living room walls, they decided to draw all over them. Rather than flying off the handle, she told them what wonderful artists they were and took a picture. She then said that now that they were grown (they were my age at the time) she really cherished those pictures and that memory because now there were no more pictures on her perfect walls. Well, I really tried hard to keep that story in mind when I walked into my bedroom last night and saw:

THIS


6 comments:

Alleman Family

People like you that don't get mad and just take a pic of paint all over the wall have WAY more patience than me and are probably WAY better mom's than me! :) Not sure what I'd do about that one... I HOPE that I'd laugh and get the camera but not quite sure. Hopefully I'll NEVER have to find out! :)

The Polka Dot Apron

Well, I think the Lord knew what was coming because Kolton had dumped an entire BRAND NEW bottle of Baby Wash (seriously, I had just opened it before his bath) into the tub that morning (we had bought the new bottle because he had dumped the old bottle out the day before) and I got pretty darn mad and felt bad about it. It prepped me to handle the paint incident better, I think! And, just for the record- I had placed the baby wash on a high shelf and went to check on Sam, but Kolton still got it. *sigh*

Brooke Jackson

LOL OH I AM SOOOOOO GLAD that happens to more people than just me!!!

Val

Hahahahaaa!!! Oh dear! Love it!

Christin

Oh wow! My oldest son made me a beautiful painting just like that a few months ago!! Thought I'd never get the paint off the wall. Haha

claire

just stubbled on you blog... this post cracked me up. My kids have done similar things (once my son drew all over his body with magic markers) I always take a picture, and do my best not to get angry... they grow up so fast! I have been reading about your sister. I am amazed at her progress. She will be in my prayers.