CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 21, 2011

Birthday Party!

Kolton's third birthday was such an event! We tried to keep things simple with just a cake and ice cream and then we decided to go bowling and out for pizza. Throw in a surprise visit from Grandma and Grandpa G. and it's a miracle Kolton ever came down from that high!! I can't believe how emotional I get every year on his birthday. It was the greatest and yet most emotional day of my life. It was the day I officially became a mommy, the day Cori had to let go of her precious boy and turn him over to me, and the day I realized I honestly had not a clue!! Aside from the emotions, however, his birthday this year was an awesome reminder of how much he has learned and how blessed I am! Here are some highlights:


The opening of presents- all 'Thomas the Train" themed, of course!

Bowling at our local alley- needless to say, I lost.

Kolton enjoying his Thomas cake

And Sam enjoying some, too!!

It was such a fun night and we were sad to see the end of it. There really isn't much to do here in Montpelier so the chance to have something to celebrate and somewhere to go was very appreciated! And, just because I promised Cori I would, here is a picture of the blasted cake. Now, let me just clarify- I don't consider myself to be a cake decorator. I always thought that because I am generally good at crafts and sewing that somehow it would cross over into hitherto unforeseen cake decorating skills. However, no matter how hard I try, those skills never manifest themselves. The only thing that makes me feel okay about this particular cake is the fact that Kolton actually recognized what it was. In my mind, that is just going to have to be good enough.


1 comments:

Lisa

Aw, sweet birthday boy! I think your cake was cute, and it had a certain spunk:)
For such a long time I thought I could decorate cakes because when I was in young women I took a "class" about it and my cakes turned out fine. It took me several years and many unpretty a cake to realize, "Oh, I'm NOT good at decorating cakes." Good story, huh?