CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter was so much fun! It was so fun to see Kolton actually getting into it this year. We started off by going to my old home town Easter egg hunt. I used to go there every year from the time I was 3 so, naturally, I wanted to take Kolton, too! He didn't like it so much because the ground was wet and he is still crawling to get around. Once he figured out that there was candy inside the eggs, though, he had a lot of fun puting them into the basket and pulling them out again to open them and eat the candy!

I love that there is a 1 year-old category! He is holding an egg here, but it is yellow so it is hard to see


Here we are waiting for the horn to honk (that is how they announce that it is time to start looking!)

After that hunt, we went to the grocery store where they had a fun Easter egg "hunt" where the kids just followed arrows around the store and got treats along the way. Kolton got a balloon, and that was by far the highlight of the day! We went with my sister, Cristi, and her kids. It was so much fun! I also got a picture of Kole with the Easter Bunny, but for some reason it didn't transfer with the rest of my pictures to the computer- I will try to add it later!
On Sunday after church we went over to Grandma and Grandpa Garners for dinner and another egg hunt! Grandma made it really cute by letting the kids make their own visor hats and bags. She had fun foam shapes to stick on them. Kolton wasn't into that part of it so much so we don't have a picture, since they all included him screaming. *sigh* but the eggs that she hid all over the yard (different colors for each grandchild) had seeds in them instead of candy so they could plant a garden this year. Then, when each child found all 10 eggs, they got some candy-filled eggs and a gift. Kolton got the CUTEST little shirt that has a cowboy body on it with the head cut off at the neck so Kolton looks like a little cowboy. I must get a picture to post. By the time we got to this hunt, Kolton was a total pro! I added a video so you can see just how amazing his egg-hunting skills are...





After the hunt, Grandpa got out their baby chickens (they are past the yellow fluffy stage, but they are still very cute) and, as usual, Kolton totally flipped over them! He LOVES animals of any variety and gets so excited to see them! He kept saying "oooooooh!" and pointing at them and just laughing as hard as he could! Here are some pics:





After that, we went to my sister's house for the annual egg hunt there. Each family (and there are 8 kids, 7 are married and 5 have kids- 18 grandkids total) must bring 10 eggs per child, but everyone always brings more than that. Cristi has a 1/2 acre back yard so there are many good hiding places. Kolton loved it, as usual, but his favorite part was when Grandpa Francis took him over to see one of the cats that hangs out at my sister's house. Kolton, of course, just about died and laughed so hard while he petted the cat. The cat just let Kolton pull his tail and grab his fur and loved every minute of the attention!





This Easter was the best I have ever had! I can't believe how much I love being a mom. It is better than I ever imagined! I am so thankful for what Easter represents, and for the many loved ones we were able to share it with!

2 comments:

Erin

Cute pics! Love the video of Kolton with the cat. Doesn't that laugh just make you smile all over?! Glad you had a good holiday.

~Our Family~

Oh man that is great news.. I wish our birth mom would have another one for us we have even joked about it but I don't think she will.. So will this be a full blood to your son or a half? I'm so excited for you guys you will be busy.... Can't wait..